Saturday, June 26, 2010

Book Review: Hekate Keys to the Crossroads


Hekate is part of the pantheon of Goddesses I pray to. She also happens to be one of my favorites! I started working with this wise and ancient Goddess not all that long ago, and I quickly fell in love with her energy. Hekate is often a misunderstood Goddess because she is a dark Goddess. So I decided to learn everything I could about this Goddess to better understand her darkness.

I found this book titled : Hekate, Keys to the Crossroads by Sorita D'Este, and I really enjoyed reading it! The first part of this book gives you a little background on the Goddess, and then the rest of the book, is actually stories of real people who are priests and priestesses of Hekate. The stories are basically about each persons journey to find Hekate, and how they found her. They then go on to talk about their relationship with the Goddess, and you'll notice that each person has a different relationship with her. Some of these authors even give you small rituals to Hekate, that they have performed themselves. I really liked this style of book, because you can see how real people interact with the Goddess, and also how they worship her. This can help you with your own rituals and interaction with her.

There are poems, pictures and recipes in this book as well. It's a great read with alot of information and I highly recommend it. She also has a few other books which I plan to read, about Artemis and Morrigan. Check out this book and learn about the great Goddess of the crossroads!

Blessings )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I appreciate your support! Many blessings to you )O(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...