Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Off to the Emerald Isle


Tomorrow I embark on a journey to the place of my ancestors. A place I've dreamed of visiting since I was a child. A place where faery tales really do come to life, this magical place is Ireland.

My fiance and I have been planning this trip for about 3 years now, and we couldn't be more excited! I have planned to visit many Goddess sites around the country. We plan to stay 2 days in Dublin when we first arrive, and then we are going to drive around the country until we get to the other side at the Cliffs of Moher. Our trip sites are as follows:

* Second day in Dublin we take a private day trip tour to Newgrange and the Hill of Tara

*First day on the road we visit Glendalough, Wicklow, and hopefully end up in Kilkenny that night.

*Second day on the road we plan to stop off at Cashel (family history here) and then go on from there to Lough Gur and the Grange Stone Circle. That night we stay in Adare, Limerick.

*Third day on the road we go to the Cliffs of Moher and see The Burren. That whole day is pretty much going to be spent at the cliffs.

*Our last day on the road, on our way back to Dublin, we plan to stop at Clonmacnoise monastery, and Charleville Castle.

I plan to write all about my experiences with the Goddess in Ireland. I decided to bring small offerings of quartz crystals and mini kyanite wands to leave at sacred sites. I wont be posting for about two weeks now. I cant wait to share this life changing experience!

Blessings )O(




Photo courtesy of Photos.Igougo.com

3 comments:

  1. You are so lucky. I can't wait to hear about all your experiences and please get some pictures. Oh, to see the Cliffs of Mohar and the Hill of Tara. I'll never get there because I won't fly. Have fun.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. Hope you have a wonderful and joyous journey to Ireland!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be a journey into the past, the present, and the future. Ring forts of rock, The magic of the druids, Tombs of kings, Glance of nature, Desire of music, The Spell of Faerie
    Back to the roots, Back to your celtic spirit.

    Off you go back to dear old Ireland, Glendalough, Tara, Newgrange,
    The lakes of Gur or the hills of Donegal
    When you get home no more you’ll roam to any foreign strand
    Here’s your fare, oh! Off be there to dear old Ireland

    Let the presence of the Goddess be with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I appreciate your support! Many blessings to you )O(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...